Philippine Senator Bam Aquino is set to conduct a hearing that will determine the effects of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to employment in the country. Aquino expressed alarm over the growing presence of Chatbots and the emergence of systems capable of referring questions to human operators and learning from their responses. He said every job created for Filipinos is important and that everyone should guard against trends that will take jobs away. The senator added that systems that use AI may put the livelihood of Filipinos at risk, especially those working in the call center industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information