At least six million Filipinos need to upgrade their skills or they will risk losing jobs, according to the Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP). Penny Bongato, IBPAP executive director, pointed out that technology is evolving and that digital organizations, as well as artificial intelligence, robotics, automation and the cloud, are affecting the way the industry does things. Bongato disclosed that the lower end of sales jobs in the BPO sector is expected to slow down in the coming years, while the mid-skill and high-skill IT related jobs will double or triple in the next six years.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information