Global call center services provider SPi Technologies, a subsidiary of Philippine BPO provider SPi Global, has won approval to set up a delivery center in the Managua free zone in Nicaragua. With the approval, Nicaragua pledged to invest more than USD500,000 into the new facility and create as many as 50 direct jobs. SPi was one among the four IT/BPO firms that won approval from the Free Zone Management Council. The other IT/BPO firms permitted to operate in the free zone include OOQIA SA, a software development firm, and local call center operators DMF and Xperts. Nicaragua’s BPO industry is also growing steadily, employing more than 8,000 people.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information