The growth of Negros Occidental and Bacolod City as an ICT destination can be accelerated by a stronger collaboration between government agencies, academe, and industry players, according to the Bacolod-Negros Occidental Federation for Information and Communications Technology (BNEFIT). The local ICT industry has had a successful 2018, according to the federation. In 2018, Bacolod ranked 89th in the influential Tholons’ annual ranking of the world’s top 100 cities for global outsourced services, up eight places from 2017. BNEFIT president John Dave Duenas said the federation will seek to build on last year’s success by further strengthening its collaboration with other industry stakeholders this year. In particular, BNEFIT will focus more on projects that help prepare the labor market to service the needs better of the new trends in technology.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information