To accelerate the build-up of more cell sites across the country, the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) is set to accredit three more common tower providers. DICT Acting Secretary Eliseo Rio Jr. said there are three tower firms that have expressed interest in signing a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with DICT. Under the terms of the MOU, DICT will support a common tower company by facilitating permits, rights of way, and providing other government support for infrastructure needed assuming it has secured a contract with any of the telco operators, which will soon include the newcomer, the Mislatel Consortium. Prior to the three new tower building firms currently in talks with DICT, ISOC Infrastructure Inc. was the first to sign a similar MOU with DICT on 20 December last year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information