Silicon Valley-based IT firm Synnex Corporation is reportedly in talks to acquire business process outsourcing (BPO) giant Convergys, according to a Reuters report. Although there has been no official announcement, the move is likely to combine Synnex’s international reach with Convergy’s call center capabilities. With more than USD2.5bn in annual revenue, Convergys runs delivery centers in about 150 locations worldwide, providing customer care, analytics, tech support, collections, work-at-home agents, and end-to-end sales. Synnex has climbed up the Fortune 500 rapidly, moving up 43 spots in the past two years, and its revenue grew 21.2% last year to USD17bn, while profits also rose 28.2% to USD301m. The report does not make clear why Convergys, the world’s second largest call center firm, is on the market. In the Philippines, Convergys operates one of the largest BPO operations, employing thousands of Filipino workers.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information