IBM has signed a six-year USD700m outsourcing contract with beleaguered Canadian train and plane giant Bombardier, which seeks to reduce operational costs by outsourcing its IT functions. The tech deal calls for IMB to run Bombardier’s IT function in forty-seven countries. Bombardier is reportedly working to improve productivity, reduce costs, and grow earnings. The aerospace and transportation business last year confirmed it was axing more than 14,000 staff worldwide, amid a two-year delay and a USD2bn budget overrun for its C-Series commercial jetliner that is now up and running.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information