French call-center operator Teleperformance struck a deal to acquire US online phone and video translator LanguageLine Solutions LLC from private-equity firm Abry Partners for USD1.52bn. Abry Partners had acquired LanguageLine in 2004 for USD720m. Teleperformance said that the acquisition will be fully financed through a debt financing provided by Credit Agricole, HSBC and Societe Generale. The acquisition is Teleperformance’s first foray into the language services industry. The final price was higher than the USD1bn cited by Bloomberg early this year. The acquisition is expected to positively impact Teleperformance’s profitability profile. Teleperformance operates a number of call centers in the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information