The Jamaican government is gearing up to expand the country’s business process outsourcing (BPO) sector by putting a specific budget allocation for further infrastructure build out. Education, Youth and Information minister, Senator the Hon. Ruel Reid, explained that the expansion includes a Cabinet-approved contract in the sum of USD3.792m for the foundation work of three BPO buildings at the Portmore Informatics Park in St. Catherine. The contract has been awarded to China Harbour Engineering Company Limited. He also advised the Cabinet to approve the award of a contract worth USD929,358 to ZDA Construction Limited to build an entry lobby for the 63,000-square-foot BPO building at the Montego Bay Free Zone.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information