A number of American information technology and business process outsourcing (IT-BPO) companies continue to put their expansion plans in the Philippine on hold as they monitor the policies of US President Donald Trump. Philippine Economic Zone Authority (Peza) director general Charito Plaza said potential American IT-BPO locators have deferred their plans since January as they wait for clearer US policies on outsourcing. Plaza, however, noted that one American firm, Sitel, proceeded with its expansion plan in the Philippines by opening a facility in Puerto Princesa, Palawan.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information