Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte’s pronouncement about faster Internet access in the country will benefit the already vibrant outsourcing sector in Cebu. Cebu Educational Development Foundation for Information Technology (Cedf-IT) executive director Wilfredo Sa-a Jr. said addressing the issues on Internet reliability and speed will lift Cebu’s standing as a prominent outsourcing destination in the world. It will also boost the growth of tech startups, he added. During his State of the Nation Address (SONA), Duterte directed the Department of Information and Communication Technology to develop a national broadband plan.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information