The American business community in the Philippines has widely welcomed the creation of the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT), which was signed into law by Philippines President Benigno Aquino III. According to Philippine Ambassador to the United States, Jose L. Cuisia, Jr., the American business community widely welcomes the creation of the DICT or the Republic Act (RA) No. 10844, because it will open more opportunities in the global ICT market for the Philippines. The country is already a pioneer in the business process management industry, and it now has adequate support for other ICT-enabled industries. The DICT is also expected to improve overall economic competitiveness through improved digital connectivity and integration. The DICT strategically positions the Philippines as a leader in the dynamic global ICT market, Cuisia said.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information