Philippine telecommunications giant Globe Telecom is reportedly spending up to USD500m over five years to address the needs of the country’s fast-growing information communications technology (ICT). Globe CFO Rizza Maniego-Eala said that the investment will be carried out over a five-year period to expand the company’s corporate data network. She added that Globe will deploy fiber in key areas to enhance productivity, efficiency and competitiveness of businesses. Globe’s corporate ICT arm, Globe Business, has an 81% penetration of IT-BPO companies in the Philippines. Globe’s expansion program covers both mobile and wireless using different technologies, including 3G, LTE and Wi-Fi.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information