Chicago-based Tribune Publishing Co, owner of prestigious US dailies such as the Los Angeles Times and the Chicago Tribune, has picked Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) for its IT outsourcing. Tribune told its IT employees in April that it is moving work to India-based TCS, but did not say how many employees would be hit by such a move. Tribune said it has made the strategic decision to outsource key functions of its legacy IT department to drive its overall business transformation. TCS also operates outsourcing centers in the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information