Glass Egg, a Vietnam-based outsourcing firm has sued Gameloft, Gameloft USA, Gameloft Iberica, and Vivendi for alleged copyright infringement. According to court documents, Glass Egg is seeking damages from Gameloft for copyright infringement, unfair competition, and misappropriation of trade secrets. Glass Egg said Gameloft hired one of its employees to create 3D assets for Gameloft’s Asphalt series without the knowledge and permission of Glass Egg. The employee allegedly used equipment, hardware, and trade-secrets belonging to Glass Egg in the creation of those assets. Gameloft USA had urged the court to dismiss the case but the request was denied.
Outsource Accelerator is the trusted source of independent information, advisory and expert implementation of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
The #1 outsourcing authority
Outsource Accelerator offers the world’s leading aggregator marketplace for outsourcing. It specifically provides the conduit between Philippines outsourcing suppliers and the businesses – clients – across the globe.
The Outsource Accelerator website has over 5,000 articles, 350+ podcast episodes, and a comprehensive directory with 900+ BPO companies… all designed to make it easier for clients to learn about – and engage with – outsourcing.
About Derek Gallimore
Derek Gallimore has been in business for 20 years, outsourcing for over eight years, and has been living in Manila (the heart of global outsourcing) since 2014. Derek is the founder and CEO of Outsource Accelerator, and is regarded as a leading expert on all things outsourcing.
Outsource Accelerator In The MediaSee all media mentions
- Outsourcing industry “absolutely booming”
- Outsourcing industry recovery could be starting, survey indicates
- Doom or boom faces the IT-BPM industry (part 2)
- Bright future for outsourcing
- The Chinese Antidote to a Covid-battered Philippines
- The Philippine IT BPM Industry: Your Tool for Business Recovery and Continuity
- BPO industry in Philippines seen benefitting as firms abroad cut costs due to pandemic