Glass Egg, a Vietnam-based outsourcing firm has sued Gameloft, Gameloft USA, Gameloft Iberica, and Vivendi for alleged copyright infringement. According to court documents, Glass Egg is seeking damages from Gameloft for copyright infringement, unfair competition, and misappropriation of trade secrets. Glass Egg said Gameloft hired one of its employees to create 3D assets for Gameloft’s Asphalt series without the knowledge and permission of Glass Egg. The employee allegedly used equipment, hardware, and trade-secrets belonging to Glass Egg in the creation of those assets. Gameloft USA had urged the court to dismiss the case but the request was denied.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information