Samsung SDS Co, a logistics and IT solutions unit of Samsung Group, said it will not spin off its logistics business process outsourcing (BPO) division this year. The company will instead focus on strengthening its overseas presence, according to Chung Yoo-sung, president and CEO of Samsung SDS. Samsung SDS had been reviewing a plan to spin off its logistics BPO unit to strengthen logistics competitiveness since June last year. It has spun off logistics units from its overseas subsidiaries in Singapore, Brazil, the United States, and China since last year. Chung said adding new logistics bases abroad should come before spinning off the logistics business.
Outsource Accelerator is the trusted source of independent information, advisory and expert implementation of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
The #1 outsourcing authority
Outsource Accelerator offers the world’s leading aggregator marketplace for outsourcing. It specifically provides the conduit between Philippines outsourcing suppliers and the businesses – clients – across the globe.
The Outsource Accelerator website has over 5,000 articles, 350+ podcast episodes, and a comprehensive directory with 900+ BPO companies… all designed to make it easier for clients to learn about – and engage with – outsourcing.
About Derek Gallimore
Derek Gallimore has been in business for 20 years, outsourcing for over eight years, and has been living in Manila (the heart of global outsourcing) since 2014. Derek is the founder and CEO of Outsource Accelerator, and is regarded as a leading expert on all things outsourcing.
Outsource Accelerator In The MediaSee all media mentions
- Outsourcing industry “absolutely booming”
- Outsourcing industry recovery could be starting, survey indicates
- Doom or boom faces the IT-BPM industry (part 2)
- Bright future for outsourcing
- The Chinese Antidote to a Covid-battered Philippines
- The Philippine IT BPM Industry: Your Tool for Business Recovery and Continuity
- BPO industry in Philippines seen benefitting as firms abroad cut costs due to pandemic