Global IT and outsourcing company Wipro has announced the promotion of Rajan Kohli to the position of president. Kohli will continue to be the global head of Wipro Digital and report to chief executive officer Abidali Neemuchwala effective immediately. Kohli becomes one of eight presidents at the company, all of them reporting to Neemuchwala. The company’s chief operating officer, Bhanumurthy Ballapuram; chief human resources officer Saurabh Govil; and the recently appointed head of strategic sales, Anand Padmanabhan, are also presidents. Wipro, which operates extensively in the Philippines, promoted four other executives to the rank of senior vice-president last month. According to analysts, Kohli’s promotion underscores the significance of new solution offerings in the revenue portfolio of the company. Wipro achieved USD8.06 billion in revenue last year, but has struggled for growth, lagging behind its rivals over the past few years.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information