India-headquartered global business process outsourcing (BPO) firm WNS is looking at potentially one or two small acquisitions to build more capacity. This was announced by WNS Global Services Group CEO Keshav R Murugesh in an interview with The Hindu newspaper. Murugesh said the acquisitions will not be to build the size and scale of the BPO firm, but to build more capability. Potentially, he said WNS is looking to make acquisitions in areas like insurance processing, procurement, actuarial services, and finance and accounting. As of June 2016, WNS had more than 32,000 professionals across 42 delivery centers worldwide, including in the Philippines. WNS has been focusing on delivering organic growth for the past 5-6 years, Murugesh said.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information