Wipro Ltd, an Indian IT consulting and outsourcing company, has agreed to acquire Viteos Group, a US-based back-office outsourcing firm, for USD130m, the India Times has reported. The acquisition, which is expected to be completed in Q2 2016, will help Wipro make further inroads in the crucial banking and financial services industry. The deal also allows Wipro, which operates a number of BPO centers in the Philippines, the chance to compete with larger peers such as Tata Consultancy Services, Cognizant Technology Solutions, and Infosys. Wipro president and Chief Executive of Finance, Shaji Farooq, said the company’s strategy is to invest in industry vertical platforms that will provide platform-based services to Wipro’s clients.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information