The automotive industry in the Philippines is set for tremendous growth because of the country’s growing business process outsourcing (BPO) industry, according to Abhishek Mohan, the new managing director of online car classified platform Carmudi Philippines. The 35-year-old Mohan said the life aspirations of those employed in the BPO sector will continue to drive the growth of the economy in general and that of the automotive sector in particular. One of the aspirations of BPO employees is to own a car. Mohan added that the Philippines has a young population and many would-be first-time buyers, which offer a huge opportunity for the automotive industry. Carmudi has expanded beyond Metro Manila to Cebu, Bacolod, Iloilo and Davao – all areas with thriving BPO industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information