Employment in the province of Ilocos Norte rose by 35% this year from a mere 3% in 2010, thanks to the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector, the Provincial Public Employment Services Office (PESO) said in a report. Although it did not give the exact figure, the Ilocos Norte PESO said hundreds of professionals in the province have already been hired in the BPO sector alone. Both local and multinational companies have put businesses in the province as a result of the local government’s efforts to promote Ilocos Norte as an investment hub. Among the BPO companies that operate in the province are Accenture and Expert Global Solutions.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information