Tech startups have expressed confidence that the Philippines will be able to improve its rankings in Tholons Services Globalization Index, or the Global Outsourcing Index. The latest index showed Philippine cities dropping a few notches in the rankings, with Cebu falling out of the top 10. Mon Ibrahim, undersecretary of the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT), expects the standing to improve next year because of the many programs in place to spur growth in startups. For the first time, Tholons introduced digital innovation, startup ecosystem, and digital transformation as primary measures in determining the top cities for outsourcing.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information