An IDC report, dubbed Worldwide Semiannual IT Spending Guide: Industry and Company Size, estimates that more than USD300bn will be spent on business process outsourcing (BPO) and business consulting services this year. The same report projected a total of USD4tr worldwide overall spending on information and communications technology. It further disclosed that the explosive growth of smart phones in recent years will gobble up the largest proportion – about USD1.5tr – of the spending in the consumer market. Mobile phones will be the largest segment of technology spending at nearly USD500bn followed by mobile data and mobile voice at more than USD400bn each.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information