Cagayan de Oro City in Mindanao is aiming to more than double the current number of jobs generated by 15 business process outsourcing companies in the city. Stephanie Caragos, ICT city council president, said the BPO industry in Cagayan de Oro City currently employs some 2,000 agents, and the city wants to raise that to 5,000. The target is achievable considering that Cagayan de Oro has been identified as one of the “next wave cities”, Caragos said. Recently, Japanese online English tutorial firm Envizion opened a 250-seating capacity contact center in the Lifestyle District of the city. Outsourcing firm Azpired has also recently opened a 600-seating capacity contact center. Teleperformance assistant manager for external relations, Martin Antonio, said the city is attractive to BPO companies because it possessed a good number of schools, seen as a potential labor force, and was considered a financial capital in the region.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information