The Cagayan Economic Zone Authority (CEZA) has cancelled the registration of 164 business process outsourcing (BPO) firms that provide support services to offshore gaming operators. CEZA administration and CEO Raul Lambino said the move is part of CEZA’s efforts to eradicate illegal online gaming operations within the Cagayan economic zone. CEZA, however, granted master licensor agreements to the First Cagayan Leisure and Resort Corp and the North Cagayan Gaming and Amusement Corp. The master licensor agreements will pave the way for the entry of new players and help level the playing field, said Lambino.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information