The rise of offshore gambling in the Philippines will be one of the key drivers of the leasing activity in Cebu’s office sector. According to research firm Colliers International Philippines, Cebu will see a total office space supply of one million sq m this year. Cebu’s office stock reached 960,000 sq m of gross leasable area as of 2017, up by 7% from about 897,000 sq m in 2016. Some 63,000 sq m of office space was completed last year. Offshore gambling accounted for almost 25% of recorded transactions in Cebu’s office sector in 2017. Voice companies dominated office leasing, accounting for more than half of the transactions last year, according to Colliers.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information