IT outsourcing firm Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp has announced the appointment of Rajeev Mehta as its new president. Mehta, who was chief executive officer of the company, took over from Gordon Coburn, who abruptly resigned. Coburn, who has been with Cognizant since 1996 and president since February 2012, resigned on 27 September, and no reason has been given for his departure. Cognizant CEO Francisco D’Souza called Mehta a proven leader with a deep understanding of new technologies and new delivery models. On 30 September, Cognizant announced in a filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission that it is conducting an internal investigation on whether its India-based facilities violated the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information