IT outsourcing giant TCS has proactively reskilled 200,000 of its employees in the last three quarters to adapt to the fast changing digital landscape. The employees were trained in over 600,000 competencies in digital technologies as it expects faster growth in this space. The in-demand skills include those required for DevOps roles (a combination of development and operations) and agile technology-based frameworks. Digital space accounted for 17.6% of TCS’ revenues in 2016-17. The company expects digital to make up one-third of its overall revenue by 2020.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information