Converge ICT is reportedly spending P1.5bn (USD30m) this year to expand its broadband network to 6,000 kilometers by year end to cover more areas in Luzon. Converge ICT COO Jesus C. Romero, during a recent product launching, revealed that the company is bullish for their expansion, citing that the penetration rate of broadband in the country is still very low and is still primarily low-speed DSL (digital subscriber line). Romero underscored that the market is still big even with the presence of Globe and PLDT. Converge ICT currently has over 100,000 customers for its consumer business, and it provides Internet connection to about 2,800 corporate clients, including business process outsourcing firms.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information