Countryside information and communications technology (ICT) councils are aiming to attract up to 50% of the total 700,000 jobs ICT jobs expected by 2022. For about two decades, about 70% of the jobs in the sector have been concentrated in Metro Manila. The 50% job target was set by the new officers of the National ICT Confederation of the Philippines (NICP), the umbrella organization of ICT councils representing regions, cities, and provinces in the countryside, which convened recently to forge its direction for this year as its mark its tenth year of corporate existence. To achieve the target, incoming president Antonio Del Carmen said they will upgrade the talent ecosystem and work closely with the industry and education sector.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information