Davao ICT Council president Samuel Matunog said Davao’s IT sector will need an additional 5,000 workers in addition to the existing 45,000 BPO workers in the city. The anticipated demand for more IT workers is on the back of projections of a growing number of new locators and expansion of existing BPOs operating in the city. Matunog revealed that the city’s IT sector continues to receive inquiries from investors. Aside from IT, these investors are also looking for workers with a background in hotel and restaurant management and tourism. Over the next three years, Davao City aims to reach its target of 70,000 BPO workers.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information