Companies and enterprises in the Philippines need to be ready for a mobile workforce if they intend to remain competitive, according to the country’s telecommunications giant, Globe Telecom. Globe made the statement in line with the recently approved Telecommuting Act that allows employees to work from an alternative workplace. At this early stage, while the rules and regulations about implementing the new law are yet to be released, Globe said enterprises need to be able to allow their employees to work in alternative workplaces to collaborate and be productive in real time. This kind of flexibility is both desirable and essential for the digital workforce to adapt easily to “disruptive” technology, according to Peter Maquera, senior vice-president for Globe Enterprise Group.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information