Globe Telecom has promised to connect about two million homes in the Philippines to high-speed internet in the next four years. This was the commitment given by Globe President and CEO Ernest Cu. He said Globe will spend USD500m to upgrade its network to enable continuous growth among enterprises in the Philippines. Cu said industries and business process outsourcing (BPO) cannot flourish without dependable connection to the United States, the UK, Australia and to the rest of the world. One of Globe’s goals is to try to create a service that matches much more closely that of developed nations, Cu added.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information