By 2022, at least one million information and communications technology and business process management (IT-BPM) jobs should be outside the Philippine capital Metro Manila. This is the target of the National ICT Confederation of the Philippines (NICP). The target will be formally announced during the National ICT Summit in Palo, Leyte this November. Currently, only 300,000 IT-BPM jobs are outside Metro Manila, with Cebu taking up 120,000 of those jobs. At present, the ICT-BPM industry is the second largest source of dollar income for the Philippines after remittances from overseas workers. Citing the Duterte administration’s thrust for countryside development, the NICP believes the ICT-BPM sector is in a favorable position to develop in emerging cities.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information