The country’s healthcare information management services (HIMS), a niche sector in the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry, is targeting revenues of over USD5bn, and to double its employment numbers by 2022, according to Beng Coronel, president of the Healthcare Information Management Association of the Philippines (HIMAP). She said that the forecast of USD5bn by 2022 is a conservative revenue growth forecast at 250% from USD1.9bn in 2015. Coronel said the sector currently employs 100,000, but aims to more than double the workforce to 210,000 by 2022. The HIMAP growth forecast will form part of the IT-BPM Roadmap 2022. HIMS has diversified from medical transcription into medical billing, medical coding, and outpatient care services among others.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information