Global business process outsourcing firm IBEX Global Solutions is embarking on a major recruitment drive in Jamaica, with plans to hire 500 to 1,000 people for its new branch in downtown Kingston. IBEX, which also operates in the Philippines, aims to employ 5,000 workers in Jamaica in the next two years. IBEX’s vice president for commercial operations, Greg Rajchel said the company made the commitment to Prime Minister Andrew Holness some time ago. Holness earlier said the country’s BPO sector could provide up to 100,000 jobs. Currently, IBEX’ Jamaican operation has over 2,500 employees, which is halfway to the target in approximately 12 months.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information