The IT and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP) is confident on its target to generate one million new jobs by 2022, the end of President Rodrigo Duterte’s term in office. IBPAP chairman Dan Reyes said the new job openings will likely be in contact centers, software development, healthcare and analytics. That would mean that by then, the country’s outsourcing industry will be employing about 2.5 million people. Reyes, however, said that the job generation goal will be more easily achieved if the internet infrastructure in the countryside is improved.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information