To tap into the growth potential of the IT-BPM industry, the City of Tuguegarao in Cagayan is looking at the establishment of its own Information Communications Technology (ICT) Council. The city government is working with the Department of Trade and Industry and the Department of Information and Communications Technology to conduct seminars as a prerequisite for the creation of the council. Jocelle Batapa-Sigue of the National ICT Confederation of the Philippines identified the presence of a domestic airport and Tuguegarao’s reputation as center of commerce and education in Cagayan Valley as among the strengths that will attract potential locators and investors. However, stakeholders said Tuguegarao needs to address the issue on limited telco providers, unreliable power supply, and a mismatch of curriculum with the ICT requirements.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information