Indian IT outsourcing firm Infosys reiterated its plan to hire about 6,000 engineers annually over the next 1 to 2 years despite the recent upheavals on the board. Infosys interim-CEO and managing director U B Pravin Rao told investors that the company will continue to recruit after adding 6,000 this year. The hiring activity for the next 1 to 2 years will depend on the kind of growth that the company will see in the market, he said. At the end of the first half of this year, Infosys had a total of 198,553 employees. The company does not provide country-specific headcounts. Infosys, India’s second largest software services firm, has delivery centers in the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information