Senate President Pro-Tempore Ralph Recto has urged the government to immediately approve the bill that creates the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT). Recto said Malacañang needs to expedite the approval of the law to shield the country from possible cyber attacks. The proposed DICT would be a powerful force that would spur information and communications development, institutional e-government, and manage the country’s ICT environment. The DICT will formulate the National Cybersecurity Plan and form the National Computer Emergency Response Team, which Recto said is the country’s IT Special Action Forces.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information