The national broadband network (NBN) of the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) could get as much as P200bn (USD4bn) if approved. This was revealed by DICT Secretary Rodolfo Salalima, who said the Department of Budget and Management is planning to submit a P200bn supplemental budget to Congress for the setting up of the NBN. The NBN seeks to speed up internet speed in the country to address the growing needs of the business process outsourcing sector. Salalima also revealed that the DICT is planning to hold a national summit with regulators, public service providers and consumers to discuss how to make the country’s internet speedier. The Telecom Summit will be held in February 2017, but no venue and exact date has been set, Salalima said.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information