New York-based hedge fund Elliot Management Corp has acquired a 4.9% stake in customer-care outsourcing firm Convergys Corp. Convergys is one of the few publicly traded companies that operate in the outsourced customer care industry, which has been consolidating in recent years. Elliott has active stakes in 25 different companies, including positions in NXP Semiconductors NV, Akamai Technologies Inc., and Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc., according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Last month, Convergys announced that Andrea Ayers will transition from her role as President and Chief Executive Officer following a nearly 30-year career at the Company.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information