Businessmen and entrepreneurs in Ormoc City, Leyte province, seek to strengthen the city’s tourism, SME sector and other industries to attract more outsourcing and IT investments. The Ormoc Chamber of Commerce and Industry (OCCI), led by president Jude Abenoja, has signed a sister-chamber agreement with the Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCCI), with hopes of learning from the CCCI, which is the largest organization of business leaders in Cebu. The agreement will be mutually beneficial for both chambers in terms of learning and discovering opportunities and possibilities, said CCCI president Melanie Ng. The CCCI is focused on reinforcing the growth of identified sectors such as tourism, IT-BPO and entrepreneurship. OCCI is looking at the CCCI for help in developing its own industries.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information