The local government of Ormoc City hopes to further attract foreign investors, especially business process outsourcing (BPO) companies, according to Ormoc Chamber of Commerce and Industry chairman Maricel Ngo. She made the pronouncement following the first disaster risk reduction management orientation and business continuity planning workshop held in the city recently. The workshop seeks to strengthen the disaster functions of micro, small, and medium enterprises in the community. By advocating disaster resiliency in Ormoc, local government officials believe foreign investors will be interested in investing in the city. Investors remain cautious in investing in the province of Leyte due to the recent typhoon Yolanda that killed thousands of people and destroyed properties.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information