The Philippine government through the Department of Information and Communications (DICT) is seeking technical and financial support from the Japanese government for the feasibility study on National Broadband Plan (NBP), which aims to provide fast Internet connection to unserved and underserved areas in the countryside. NBP aims to accelerate investments in the country, mobilize and engage public and private sectors, and connect as well as increase adoption and usage of technology tools and solutions across the archipelago. Monchito Ibrahim, DICT undersecretary disclosed that the study is expected to be completed before the end of the year with Japan offering technical support. The NBP is slated to start its roll out next year. BPO companies in the Philippines have been clamoring for faster Internet speed.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information