World Bank lead economist Birgit Hansl said the Philippines is slowly becoming a middle-class country. However, Hansl pointed out that lack of inclusion is a major challenge to the country’s growing economy. She recommended that policies for inclusive growth should address varying constraints faced by different economic classes. Hansl cited the divergence between the current and projected economic growth in the Philippines compared with other developing countries in Southeast Asia. She underscored that although the country has developed is growing well, other neighboring countries did it much faster. The government, she added, needs to adopt more policy approaches for inclusive growth.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information