Relia’s acquisition of Philippine-based business process outsourcing (BPO) firms SPi CRM Inc and Infocom Technologies has received approval from the Philippine Competition Commission (PCC). According to the PCC, the acquisition does not result in a substantial lessening of competition in the relevant market. It added that Relia was not conducting any business in the Philippines and the BPO businesses of the parties were catering to different geographic markets. Relia, a Japanese BPO firm, earlier acquired 100% of the shares of SPi and 99.64% of the shares of Infocom. Relia said the acquisition was part of its strategy to expand business in the Asian region and provide English/Tagalog language services.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information