The National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) revealed that the Philippines and South Korea are likely to seal their first multiyear financing arrangements when the ASEAN meeting takes place in Manila this week. Neda Undersecretary Rolando G. Tungpalan said South Korea wants to help in the Philippines in the areas of information and communications technology (ICT), agriculture, and rural development. While he did not specify the ICT projects that South Korea is interested in, Tungpalan said the governments of South Korea and the Philippines have agreed to craft a six-year framework that will allow the Philippines to tap USD100m in concessional loans.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information