A number of Ericcson employees will be taken by Sprint following the renewal of a managed services partnership between the two companies. The renewal extends portions of a seven-year, USD5bn contract that was set to expire in September. The actual cost of the renewed network-outsourcing pact has not been divulged yet. Ericsson will provide some multi-vendor services that support the ongoing operations and development of Sprint’s network, while overall Network Service Assurance will be performed by Sprint. As a result, some Ericsson employees will transition to Sprint, while others will remain with Ericsson, according to Sprint CT John Saw. Ericsson employs about 50,000 professionals in 180 countries, including the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information