US Ambassador to the Philippines Sung Kim said the country’s business process outsourcing (BPO) sector is unlikely to change despite the protectionist stand of US President Donald Trump. There will not be any dramatic changes to US companies’ BPO operations in the Philippines because the country offers very capable, smart employees and reasonable labor costs. Kim’s statement should serve as reassurance for some BPO stakeholders who have expressed concern Trump’s promise to bring jobs back to the US.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information